December 10, 2017

Trillium Room April 10

Oh, what an exciting time of year!  There are so many special events coming up.

As you (hopefully) know, we have 2 upcoming field trips:  May 2nd and May 6th.  We are requesting chaperones for both of these trips.  The May 2nd trip is on the Sternwheeler.  The fee for children is 12$.  The fee for chaperones is 15$.  Children are never left out of field trips due to a family’s inability to pay.  However, chaperones must pay.  We will add adults to the chaperone list when we have received payment and a background check form (if you haven’t already done it this year).

Another HUGE event is the music program.  If you are not clear as to which night your child is performing, please contact us.  Some of us are April 29th and some are April 30th.

Jog-a-thon was this week and wowie-zowie the kids ran as if they were being chased by the Corbett wolf-dog.  Their faces were extraordinary shades of red when they finished.  The wonderful PTA gang helped them refresh with water, granola bars and oranges.  All children have now received their completed pledge forms with the number of laps noted.  Please help your child remember to return money next week.  Pictures are on the blog, but most didn’t turn out well because the kids were running too fast!

Next week, we start a great unit on economics.  The first topic:  wants vs. needs.  This would be a great topic to talk about at home.
IMG_4869 IMG_4868 IMG_4864 IMG_4862 IMG_4855 IMG_4853 IMG_4852 IMG_4850

Kristin Wold About Kristin Wold

This is my 28th year teaching in Corbett. I am incredibly fortunate to have brilliant, energetic colleagues; creative, supportive administrators; and parents who over-whelmingly love partnering with the school to make the best possible opportunities for their kids. I have a great job.
Professionally, my passion is working with emergent readers. I strongly believe that our first priority in teaching reading is to get kids to love books. We need to introduce them to authors and topics they’ll love so they’ll seek out reading for pleasure.
Personally, I have been married for 30 years and have a 16-year-old daughter who attends Corbett. I enjoy traveling, hiking in the gorge, and studying Japanese.