May 24, 2017

Trillium Room April 24

Our schedule was a bit wacky this week, as different groups took part in 1 hour music program rehearsals.  The music programs are this coming Tuesday and Wednesday.  Because of the way they’re structured, your child and their friend or sibling might be performing on different nights.  If you’re still unsure, contact us!

This week, in our economics unit, we learned about consumers and producers; goods and services; and wants and needs.  Soon, we’ll learn about the choices that consumers have to make as they decide between saving, spending and donating their resources.

Our art lesson this week complimented our recent study of clouds.  We made lovely silhouettes against sunsets.  Children chose different kinds of clouds to include in these projects.

We really appreciate all of the emails and face-to-face inquiries we’ve received regarding what next year will look like.  If you have questions, please ask us.  Each child brought home a letter from their teacher that gave an overview of next year’s changes.  If you never saw the letter, contact your child’s teacher.

Regarding the May 6th field trip.  We sent an addendum home on Tuesday.  IF the weather is gorgeous, we’re switching to a hike.  If the weather is not-so-gorgeous, we’re sticking with the original plan.  If you’ve volunteered to chaperone, we’ll contact you the night before to go over the plan.  Everyone else can check the class blog the night before.

Kristin Wold About Kristin Wold

This is my 25th year teaching in Corbett. I am incredibly fortunate to have brilliant, energetic colleagues; creative, supportive administrators; and parents who over-whelmingly love partnering with the school to make the best possible opportunities for their kids. I have a great job.
Professionally, my passion is working with emergent readers. I strongly believe that our first priority in teaching reading is to get kids to love books. We need to introduce them to authors and topics they’ll love so they’ll seek out reading for pleasure.
Personally, I have been married for 27 years and have a 14-year-old daughter who attends Corbett. I enjoy traveling, hiking in the gorge, and studying Japanese.