December 11, 2017

Trillium Room May 8th

Another week, another perfect field trip.  This week we went on our tour of tourist sites in the western gorge.  The kids are making travel brochures to entice people to come visit our beautiful area.  Although the kids enjoyed all of the stops, they seemed to talk about the ice cream stop the most.

This week, we presented THE STORE.  It deserves capitals because of the response we got from the kids.  As you’ve heard, the kids are earning money for doing jobs around the classroom.  This is part of our economics unit.  The store features 4 sections, priced at $1.00-$4.00.  When you see treasures come home, they may be purchases from the store.

The ECO ladies visited us again this week.  We have an outdoor classroom on the back of the school property and we were able to add to our collection of native plants.  Wednesday’s classes (Shaw and Belesiotis) had a lovely time.  Wold’s class came back dripping wet.  Oh well.IMG_4984 IMG_4983 IMG_4982 IMG_4981 IMG_4980 IMG_4979 IMG_4978 IMG_4977 IMG_4976 IMG_4975 IMG_4974 IMG_4973 IMG_4972 IMG_4971 IMG_4969 IMG_4968 IMG_4967 IMG_4966 IMG_4965 IMG_4964 gorge tour photo-2 photo-4

Kristin Wold About Kristin Wold

This is my 28th year teaching in Corbett. I am incredibly fortunate to have brilliant, energetic colleagues; creative, supportive administrators; and parents who over-whelmingly love partnering with the school to make the best possible opportunities for their kids. I have a great job.
Professionally, my passion is working with emergent readers. I strongly believe that our first priority in teaching reading is to get kids to love books. We need to introduce them to authors and topics they’ll love so they’ll seek out reading for pleasure.
Personally, I have been married for 30 years and have a 16-year-old daughter who attends Corbett. I enjoy traveling, hiking in the gorge, and studying Japanese.