We had quite an exhausting week – state tests, art rotation, finishing up our states’ projects, and beginning our geology field guide!
Most of the kids concentrated quite hard on their OAKS tests and improved their scores, some quite dramatically. Please shoot me an e-mail if your child has forgotten to inform you of his/her results. Remember, this second round was only for those who had not previously met the state standards.
We have a large pyramid of cubes displaying information on the states sitting on our bookshelves. I hope that it doesn’t collapse! A handful of kids did not quite finish, and should complete all of the tasks this weekend. On Monday, I will help them assembly the 3-D cubes. Look forward to discovering some interesting tidbits when you visit the room on Portfolio Night.
The end of the school year is approaching rapidly. Our fifth graders will visit the middle school on Thursday morning, May 29th, to get a glimpse of the next stage of their education. All of our current third and fourth graders will most likely remain with me next year. Please let me know if you are moving, switching to CAPS, or would rather have a different teacher, as we will soon begin our planning for 2014-2015.
- Tuesday, May 13th, through Thursday, May 15th – Three Day Field Study Trip (Return 4:30-5 ish)
- Tuesday, May 20th – Pioneer Band Concert
- Wednesday, May 21st – ECO (Dress to work outside.)
- Monday, May 26th – Memorial Day Holiday
- Wednesday, May 28th – Portfolio Night
- Thursday, May 29th – Move-Up Day for current fifth graders
- Thursday, May 29th – Overnight party for current fifth graders
- Friday, May 30th – Last day of school (Half day – 12:30 p.m. dismissal)