April 28, 2017

Salute!

First and foremost, a huge congrats to Lindsay and A.J. for coming to school every day of the school year! That achievement is beyond phenomenal!

As we prepared for Portfolio Night at the end of last week, I asked all students to answer some questions about their academic journal this school year. The last prompt I asked students was “I’ll always remember…” Here are some of their responses:

Madison- Doing new stuff, meeting my friends, and seeing my old friends.

Grace- All the fun field trips, especially the geological terms

Allison- This class

David- The class. The memories. The people, because they all gave me a boost to becoming even smarter.

Blake- three day field trip

Miguel- My friends

Lindsay- My back handspring and I hit my leg on the heater. It was bun, but it hurt.

Isabella- The great field trips

Romello- Spencer!!!!!!!!!

Moving on!

Moving on!

Congratulations go out to the fifth graders who are moving on to middle school!

Mr. B's 2013-2014 Intermediates

Mr. B’s 2013-2014 Intermediates

Thank you for a great year and have a phenomenal summer!

~Mr. B

Dan Barnard About Dan Barnard

Dan Barnard hails from the Green Mountain State of Vermont where he grew up skiing, biking, and exploring the nooks and crannies of the woods. He learned to drive on his parents' station wagons, learned to ski at Smugglers' Notch, and developed a love for traveling by participating in school trips to France and New York City. He worked in many jobs ranging from ski instructing to babysitting to an after-school program that helped him decide he wanted to be a teacher.

He enrolled in Wheelock College in Boston, Massachusetts and earned a BA in Humanities with a focus on history and a concentration in Elementary Education. After working for two years in a suburban Boston community as a fifth grade teacher, he decided to move west to discover the beauty and bounty of Oregon. He worked for four years as a third, fourth, fifth, and sixth grade teacher in Mosier, Oregon. While working in Mosier he enrolled in graduate school at Portland State University and earned a MS in Curriculum and Instruction from Portland State University.