October 17, 2017

Author Visit

Corbett Grade School will be hosting author, Peg Willis on Monday, September 29 at 4 pm in Room 12 of the grade school.
Ms. Willis’s new book, “Building the Columbia River Highway: They Said it Couldn’t be Done,” tells the story of the people involved and the vision they had to plan and build such an important road in our community.
Interested community members are invited to attend. There is no charge for the presentation, but we are accepting donations to help with Ms. Willis’s travel costs. Her book will also be available for sale.

http://www.oregonlive.com/travel/index.ssf/2014/05/columbia_river_highway_subject.html

Michelle Dawkins About Michelle Dawkins

My husband and I have lived in Corbett since 1983 and I have taught at Corbett Grade School since 1994. Chris and I loved having our children grow up in the community of Corbett. They both received a great education and made many life long friends while attending school here. Both Steph and Joe graduated from Corbett. Joe is a graduate of Oregon State University and Steph has graduated from Linfield College and completed her MBA at University of Tennessee. Chris and I are extremely proud of our children! Both are enjoying life and share our love of nature.

"If a child is to keep his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement, and mystery of the world we live in." ~Rachel Carson