October 17, 2017

Mrs. Wold and Mrs. Shaw Jan. 30

We have been busy preparing for our music program on the 3rd.  It’s going to be pretty wild!  That’s because it’s based on “Where the Wild Things Are,” the very popular book by Maurice Sendak.  We’ve practiced with the other 3 classes for an hour Wednesday and Thursday.  We also made some paper plate wild things to decorate for the program.  Please remember that your child is asked to wear brown or black pants and shirt.

On Thursday, we got to go to the trading post to trade for valuable items like kettles, muskets, glass beads, blankets and copper.  The trading post was built by “what-can’t-she-do” Mrs. Detter.  Each child had a baggie of beads and was encouraged to barter with the newcomers (aka Mrs. Young, Mrs. Eliason and Mrs. Potts) at the trading post.  Some children did a good job getting the best possible deal.  Others accepted whatever “price” was suggested. 

This week, we sent home a note explaining our valentine exchange, which will be on Feb. 12th.  We only exchange valentines with our homeroom (not the entire double class).  We sent home class lists, but please do not have your child address cards to specific people if they can’t read all of the names.  However, kids who can read all of the names should address cards.  Of course, bringing valentines is optional.

IMG_6116 IMG_6117 IMG_6118 IMG_6119 IMG_6120 IMG_6121 IMG_6129 IMG_6130 IMG_6134 IMG_6135 IMG_6142 IMG_6143 IMG_6144 IMG_6147 IMG_6148 IMG_6151

Kristin Wold About Kristin Wold

This is my 28th year teaching in Corbett. I am incredibly fortunate to have brilliant, energetic colleagues; creative, supportive administrators; and parents who over-whelmingly love partnering with the school to make the best possible opportunities for their kids. I have a great job.
Professionally, my passion is working with emergent readers. I strongly believe that our first priority in teaching reading is to get kids to love books. We need to introduce them to authors and topics they’ll love so they’ll seek out reading for pleasure.
Personally, I have been married for 30 years and have a 16-year-old daughter who attends Corbett. I enjoy traveling, hiking in the gorge, and studying Japanese.