November 24, 2017

Kindergarten Round Up for 2015-2016 School Year on March 12th

Header-khicOn Thursday, March 12th from 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm all Corbett students that will be five years old on or before September 1, 2015 should register for kindergarten for the 2015-16 school year at the annual kindergarten round up. Parents and kindergarten students are invited to join staff at the main campus in the grade school commons to register, hear about programing and visit with staff. Next year’s kindergarten students will have a chance to play while parents learn about the kindergarten experience and fill out paperwork. There will be a milk and cookies time afterwards to mingle with other parents of the high school graduating class of 2028 and college class of 2032. Please bring an original state certified copy of your child’s birth certificate and their immunization records. See you on March 12th!

DeeDee Hanes About DeeDee Hanes

My husband Rick and I have lived in Corbett for twenty-nine years. We have two children, Andrew and Krissy. They both graduated from Corbett High School and were busy in the classroom and on the sports fields. Andrew went on to the University of Southern California to earn an Aerospace Engineering degree and Krissy went to the University of Oregon and graduated in International Studies. They are grateful to the Corbett School District for opening doors for them in the world of higher education.

I have worked for Corbett Schools since 1998 and teaching even longer, since 1985! I went to Oregon State and received my Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education with an Endorsement in Reading. My Masters in Educational Practices and Foundations of Administration was earned from Portland State University. I also received my Special Education Endorsement from Portland State.

My family loves to camp, play sports, board games, books, movies, and traveling. Rick spends some of his extra time helping coach the Corbett Softball Team. I may just spend some of my extra time studying gourmet cooking now that both our children are out of the house!