May 22, 2017

Corbett Grade School 3rd, 4th, 5th Graders in Astoria

Learning about the historical journey of Lewis and Clark has brought students from the Corbett Grade School intermediate classrooms to Astoria. Four classrooms began the journey Tuesday, May 12th. They climbed the Astoria Column, toured the Columbia River Maritime Museum, went to Cape Disappointment Lighthouse, hiked to Beard’s Hollow, swam at the Astoria Aquatic Center and had a great evening at Camp Rilea with dinner, ice cream, movies and games. I am exhausted just writing about all the fun! The other four classrooms will join us for day two. Stay tuned for more posts.

Astoria Column

Astoria Column

Astoria-Megler Bridge from the Astoria Column Socked in Fog

Serving Ice Cream

Serving Ice Cream

Yum!

Yum!

K.P. Duty!  Thank you to all of our wonderful volunteers!

K.P. Duty! Thank you to all of our wonderful volunteers!

DeeDee Hanes About DeeDee Hanes

My husband Rick and I have lived in Corbett for twenty-seven years. We have two children, Andrew and Krissy. They both graduated from Corbett High School and were busy in the classroom and on the sports fields. Andrew went on to the University of Southern California to earn an Aeorspace Engineering degree and Krissy is going to the University of Oregon for International Studies. They are grateful to the Corbett School District for opening doors for them in the world of higher education.

I have worked for Corbett Schools since 1998 and teaching even longer, since 1985! I went to Oregon State and received my Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education with an Endorsement in Reading. My Masters in Educational Practices and Foundations of Administration was earned from Portland State University. I also received my Special Education Endorsement from Portland State.

My family loves to camp, play sports, board games, books, movies, and traveling. Rick spends some of his extra time helping coach the Corbett Softball Team. I may just spend some of my extra time studying gourmet cooking now that both our children are out of the house!