February 19, 2018

Transitional Housing

Families and Students,

Corbett School District wants to ensure that all families’ and students’ needs are met, including families who lack regular and adequate nighttime housing.  Under the McKinney-Vento law, you may qualify for rights and services.  Please notify Corbett’s local contact, Marleen Carroll, at 503-261-4279 or Student Services at 503-261-4243 if you or your family lives in transitional housing or one of the following situations:

  • In a shelter, motel, vehicle, or campground.
  • On the street.
  • In an abandoned building, trailer, or other inadequate living space.
  • Doubled up with friends or family because you cannot find or afford housing.
  • You’re a student not living with your parent or guardian.
  • A student in temporary foster care.

-Student Services

Desiree Chiu About Desiree Chiu

Director of Student Services, overseeing Special Education, English for Speakers of Other Languages, and Health Services.