March 30, 2017

Final Day in Astoria

What a beautiful day to end the field study of Corbett Grade School third, fourth and fifth graders in historic Astoria. The final group experienced the activities the first group did yesterday. They explored Fort Clatsop where Lewis and Clark camped for the winter, visited Fort Stevens, walked on the beach to the Peter Iredale, and made one last stop at Indian Beach at Ecola State Park. The park rangers at Fort Clatsop complimented our students, staff and chaperones for their courteousness and quest for knowledge. Thank you to all for a full filling, yet exhausting, time had by all.

A Presentation of Living Conditions in Fort Clatsop

Connections Through Time - Sacagawea and a Corbett Student

Connections Through Time – Sacagawea and a Corbett Student

DeeDee Hanes About DeeDee Hanes

My husband Rick and I have lived in Corbett for twenty-seven years. We have two children, Andrew and Krissy. They both graduated from Corbett High School and were busy in the classroom and on the sports fields. Andrew went on to the University of Southern California to earn an Aeorspace Engineering degree and Krissy is going to the University of Oregon for International Studies. They are grateful to the Corbett School District for opening doors for them in the world of higher education.

I have worked for Corbett Schools since 1998 and teaching even longer, since 1985! I went to Oregon State and received my Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education with an Endorsement in Reading. My Masters in Educational Practices and Foundations of Administration was earned from Portland State University. I also received my Special Education Endorsement from Portland State.

My family loves to camp, play sports, board games, books, movies, and traveling. Rick spends some of his extra time helping coach the Corbett Softball Team. I may just spend some of my extra time studying gourmet cooking now that both our children are out of the house!