June 23, 2017

Book Medicitations! Week 21, by Austin Joy

Every week one student in our class gets to sit out the super quiz and write the weekly update.  This week’s update was done by 7th grader Austin Joy.  Thanks, Austin!

Hi! This last week went by a little quick for me, but I still managed to gather information about this week. First we started sharing book presentations. A lot of peoples’ were pretty good and it just urges us to do a lot better than them.

Anyway we also started the part two of the Medici video. We also worked a lot on our body systems interviews so that’s always fun… Oh and we also got a skeletal lecture from Mr. Houck! To be honest I can’t really remember anything from that lecture, so for that reason, thank god for notes!

We also learned how messed up some diseases are. Oh, I almost forgot! We had to do this thing where we make a commercial / skit and we have to do it on a disease. For instance Kian and I did osteoarthritis. We made a skit with a lot of fake pain and actual pain, because I had to be someone who has it and I was limping around because I felt like I was supposed to, but I hurt my knee in the process.

We also did skeletal jeopardy! My team almost won but the final jeopardy got us. Later we will be turning in our body systems interview and sharing them.

Bye! I hope you don’t get gout!

Lucas Houck About Lucas Houck

Mr. Houck teaches in the middle school. He thinks it's the greatest place to be. Born and raised in Oregon, he enjoys camping, fishing, soccer and good food. He loves his wife, his baby boy, his work, and his friends!