February 21, 2018

The Last Battle: Week 8 in Mr. Houck’s Class

Every week one student in our class gets to sit out the super quiz and write the weekly update.  This week’s update was done by 7th grader Hailey Pinjagic.  Thanks, Hailey!

This week in Houcks class we…  

Turned in our best story.  Mine was about my swimming days when I went to state and got medals and things.  I love writing stories, they’re so fun to imagine and remember what happened.  

This week we also started a simple machines slideshow. We got put in a group of 3 or 4 and given a machine to study and make a slideshow about over the next 2 weeks.  I got one of the best groups ever.  I got Lily, Hillary and Sophie T.  I work well with all of these people and we make a great team. For our machine we got the lever and I’m very excited to find out more about this interesting lever.   

This week we also gave our Mesopotamia group slideshows. That was an interesting thing in my group.  We are the Medes, a group of people that did not rule or last for a very long time, so there is hardly anything about them anywhere. So as you can imagine, we could not get enough. So what did our group do? We researched the Assyrians along with the Medes, but we did a lot of our presentation on the Assyrians. We all did amazing and got a pretty good score.  Good job, group.  

This week, sadly, is our last week of the Mesopotamian simulation: (that means only a few more battles and then it’s all over.)  I will miss doing the battles and the tasks but I’m also really excited to see what new and exciting things Houck has in store for us. But idk who will win the last battle. Is it going to be the Phoenicians, Babylonians, Hittites, Persians or the Medes?  

Lucas Houck About Lucas Houck

Mr. Houck teaches in the middle school. He thinks it's the greatest place to be. Born and raised in Oregon, he enjoys camping, fishing, soccer and good food. He loves his wife, his baby boy, his work, and his friends!