It was a wonderful and busy first week of school!
A quick look at some of the highlights from our week:
Monday – Transition Day!
- 4th grade and new to our school students attended
- Rotate classroom to meet all 4/5 teachers and to go over some important information
- Chocolate chips and milk!
Tuesday – Our official first day with everyone.
- Math class
- Band with Mr. Kilgore
- On-Demand Narrative Writing
- Becoming POWERFUL readers
- Science: An Introduction to learning about Mixtures & Solutions
- 4th & 5th Meeting (all classes): Learning about Zones of Regulation & Calm Spaces
- Music & Movement with Miss O
- Introduction to Reading Workshop & Reading INTENSELY
- More chemistry!
- An introduction to how we will run Morning Meeting in our classroom
- Preparing for leading the 4/5 classrooms and morning meeting!
- Genius Hour
- Strings with Mr. Blaeur
- Read! (we’ll introduce a home reading log next week)
- I created a digital permission slip I’d like for you to fill out. I have collected 21 out of 26 responses. Online Forms
- I will post highlights on our class Instagram account. This is a private account and only people that I approve can view our class photos. Please be sure to fill out this permission slip so that I know if I can post photos of your child to our account. I would love for you to follow it. You can find it by searching: Mrs. Dawkins’ Class Instagram Account
- Volunteers: let me know if you want to help in our classroom (reading with children, putting together projects, correcting, copies, the list goes on!)
- I will be putting together the list of those that have indicated that they would like to volunteer this weekend.
- No School on Monday, Sept. 3
- School day on Friday, Sept. 7
Enjoy your holiday weekend!