10/5-Classroom Update

Dear Families,

Highlights:

• We concluded our science unit of Mixtures & Solutions with a yummy drink and new vocabulary. We published our beautifully written Personal Narratives. We researched about the adaptations of the first people of North America. We competed in the “Meadows vs Chiu Handball Competition.”  I’ve posted photos on our class Instagram account. You can find it by searching: Mrs. Chiu’s Class or Click Here

Conferences:

• Sign up or check your time  for October Conferences using this link: Sign Up: October Conferences (please bring the student to the conference!)

• This conference is limited to 15 minutes. We have a lot to squeeze into that time frame! Students will present their self-reflection, show you some their work, and then I will provide you with a summary of their levels in work habits, reading, writing, and math.

• Since our time is limited, please let me know (by email) if you have specific questions or concerns that you would like me to address.

Classroom/School Needs:

• We have invited our “Buddy Class” to join us and to enjoy our writing with us on Tuesday, October 9 at 2:30pm. I am looking for volunteers to help provide cookies (purchased from the store). Please let me know if you can help!

• Volunteers: let me know if you want to help in our classroom! We have enjoyed help from Ashley Cook and Lynn Kaufhold! Thank you!

• Home Project: Thank you Stacie Nicholls for helping with the home project!

Housekeeping:

• Readers have a home reading log to track their reading. They will fill it out when they read at home OR they can fill it out when they arrive at school in the morning.

PTA: Jog-A-Thon & Box Tops:

• The PTA is still collecting for the Jog-A-Thon. Our goal is for each child to raise $50 through donations. To donate online: www.pledgestar.com/corbettpta

• Box Tops: The PTA is continuing to collect Box Tops for Education. A labeled jar is located in our classroom. —Thank you to Grace, Ruth, and Brenna for helping trim and count box tops!

Have a great weekend!