- We wrapped up our Personal Narrative unit by sharing our writing with peers from Mrs. Meadows class (thank you, Pam & Missy for helping with juice and napkins!), We started our journalism unit by discussing how to utilize a journalistic approach for problem solving, and we practiced interviewing peers, We got to do a fall craft with our buddies, and We started a new cartography unit! What a fun and busy week!
- Our Creative Dramatics artist in resident, Mrs. Flinn–through the Right Brain Initiative–showed us how to use voice, breathing, tableau, and teamwork in order to be empathetic problem solvers.
- I’ve posted videos & photos on our class Instagram account.
- We’ll be celebrating our earned “marble” party on October 31. Students voted to play games and eat snacks that day. I am hoping that there are a couple of families that could help with snacks for this special party.
- Writers have spelling words! I have attached the words to this email (just in case the list did not make it home). Writers are tested on 10 random words from this list.
- Readers have a home reading log to track their reading. They can fill it out when they read at home OR they can fill it out when they arrive at school in the morning. Readers can access this log through our Google Classroom.
- Wednesday, October 31 – “Marble” party – Games & Snacks. We will not be dressing up this day.
PTA: Jog-A-Thon & Box Tops:
- Box Tops: The PTA is continuing to collect Box Tops for Education. A labeled jar is located in our classroom.
- Try to join the PTA and participate in their meetings (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Enjoy the Weekend!