I am the lucky winner and have been chosen to be on Jury Duty Monday and Tuesday. Please remind your child to be an Upstanding Role Model for my guest teacher, Mr. Bressel.
If your child has a change of transportation, please send your email to the office. If I am absent or too busy to check my e-mail during the day and unable to forward the message to the office (ex: jury duty) the change might not get communicated to the teacher. Here is the email that you want to make sure to include in the message: email@example.com
What have we been learning about:
Journalism~ Ask your child about their feature article, interviews and surveys
Reading~ Your child has picked a topic that they will be reading about, taking notes and sharing their new knowledge with their classmates. Remind them that they can read about their topic at home too! Do you know what your child’s topic is?
Age of Exploration~ Please ask your child to tell you all about Marco Polo, Christopher Columbus and Vasco Da Gama. They have quite the interesting stories.
- Have you seen your child’s spelling words? They are given a set of 5 words on Monday and a test is administered on Thursday. Every student has a custom list that meets their spelling needs. Please ask your child how they are doing on their spelling tests.
- Readers have a home reading log to track reading. Everyone should be reading at least 4 times a week for 30 (yes, ramping it up!!!) minutes. They can fill it out when they read at home OR they can fill it out when they arrive at school in the morning. Ask your child if they plan on being on the Rockin’ Readers List.
- Saturday, December 1st – Breakfast with Santa & Book Fair (8am-12)
- Now until December 18 – Food & Supplies Drive (canned, packaged food OR supplies like, toilet paper, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, etc…)
- December 3-6 – Book Fair (7:30 am – 4:30 pm)
Wednesday is Family Night: Open 7:30 am – 1 pm, closed 1-3 pm, Open Family night 3 – 7:30 pm
- Monday, December 3 – Strings Rehearsal ** If your child is going to stay for rehearsal, please send a note. (4-5)
- Wednesday, December 5th, 2018, at the MPB – Strings Concert (Concert is 6:30-7:30pm….students should arrive by 6pm for tuning and warmups.
- Thursday, December 6th – All Lost & Found items will be donated.
- Book Fair: We Need Volunteers! Volunteering at Book Fair is easy, fun, and it earns you a discount on all the purchases you make. Sign up using the following link:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C48ADA62FA0FB6-20182
- Box Tops: The PTA is continuing to collect Box Tops for Education. A labeled jar is located in our classroom.
- Try to join the PTA and participate in their meetings (firstname.lastname@example.org)