- We got penpals from a classroom in Prineville (a dear friend of mine is the teacher). The students loved reading their pen pal letters and then writing back.
- Students studied what happened with the Lost Colony Roanoke and then provided their opinion (with evidence) by posting a video response to flip-grid
- Paper sculpture art to kick off our new art unit!
- I’ve posted other videos & many more photo highlights on our class Instagram account.
- Students took a survey and 70% preferred purchasing their own valentines for classmates, rather than an in-class option. We’ll take about an hour at the end of the day to exchange. I have extra Valentines at school, if needed. I have attached a class list so that students can write names on Valentines.
- Please sign up to help us with our Valentine’s Day Celebration on Sign Up Genius.
- Writers have spelling words! Our next spelling test is Tuesday, January 29. This gives students a full two weeks to study. Writers are tested on 10 random words from this list. I have attached the list to this email. Post it on your fridge as a reminder to practice!
- Readers have a home reading log to track their reading. Students can fill it out their log at home OR they can fill it out when they arrive at school in the morning. Readers can access this log through our Google Classroom.
- Tue 1/29: Next Spelling Test
- Wed 1/30: Spelling Bee, MPB – (2pm)
- Thurs 2/14: Valentine’s Day- Celebration at 2:30ish
- Mon 2/18: No School, Presidents Day
- Fri 2/22: Friday School
- 5/14-16: Overnight Trip, Scablands of Central Washington…more info to come in March
- Box Tops: The PTA is continuing to collect Box Tops for Education. A labeled jar is located in our classroom.
Try to join the PTA and participate in their meetings (email@example.com)