March 30, 2017

Returning Grade School Students Are Already Registered for 2015-16

If your child is returning to first through fifth grades they are automatically rolled over as registered for the upcoming school year. If you have a new kindergarten student and have already turned in a registration packet, then you are already registered for the upcoming school year. You do not need to fill out a new packet before school begins. If you are new to the district in grades K-5 you can pick up a registration packet at the Corbett Grade School beginning August 17th from 8am – 4pm when the office reopens. Students that are beginning school for the first time (kindergarteners) will need an official copy of their birth certificate and immunization records.

The main campus grade school will mail families information regarding classroom assignments and navigating the start of the school year. Look for the mailings to arrive by August 24th. The first day of school for grades kindergarten, third, sixth, freshman and seniors is August 31st until 12:30. All students attend beginning September 1st.

DeeDee Hanes About DeeDee Hanes

My husband Rick and I have lived in Corbett for twenty-seven years. We have two children, Andrew and Krissy. They both graduated from Corbett High School and were busy in the classroom and on the sports fields. Andrew went on to the University of Southern California to earn an Aeorspace Engineering degree and Krissy is going to the University of Oregon for International Studies. They are grateful to the Corbett School District for opening doors for them in the world of higher education.

I have worked for Corbett Schools since 1998 and teaching even longer, since 1985! I went to Oregon State and received my Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education with an Endorsement in Reading. My Masters in Educational Practices and Foundations of Administration was earned from Portland State University. I also received my Special Education Endorsement from Portland State.

My family loves to camp, play sports, board games, books, movies, and traveling. Rick spends some of his extra time helping coach the Corbett Softball Team. I may just spend some of my extra time studying gourmet cooking now that both our children are out of the house!