September 21, 2017

Movie for Families & Fire Fighter Fund Raiser, Thursday

Hello Corbett Families!

While we all wish school was in session tomorrow, we do have the opportunity to gather and help support our community.    Tomorrow, Thursday 9/7/17, Mt Hood Theater will be offering a special 12pm showing of Cars 3 (rated G) for Corbett School District families, and offering the proceeds to our local heroes at Multnomah County Fire District 14.  Please join us for a fun movie, and help us raise money for the wonderful men and women who are bravely battling the Eagle Creek Fire for all of us!
Location: Mt Hood Theatre, 401 East Powell Boulevard, Gresham OR 97030 
Time: Movie starts at 12pm, doors open at 11:30am
Cost:

• Adults – $4
  • Children – $3
  • Level 3 evacuated families: Free

The proceeds of admission will be donated to the Corbett Fire Department.  

Thanks so much!  Hope to see you tomorrow!
DeeDee Hanes About DeeDee Hanes

My husband Rick and I have lived in Corbett for twenty-nine years. We have two children, Andrew and Krissy. They both graduated from Corbett High School and were busy in the classroom and on the sports fields. Andrew went on to the University of Southern California to earn an Aerospace Engineering degree and Krissy went to the University of Oregon and graduated in International Studies. They are grateful to the Corbett School District for opening doors for them in the world of higher education.

I have worked for Corbett Schools since 1998 and teaching even longer, since 1985! I went to Oregon State and received my Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education with an Endorsement in Reading. My Masters in Educational Practices and Foundations of Administration was earned from Portland State University. I also received my Special Education Endorsement from Portland State.

My family loves to camp, play sports, board games, books, movies, and traveling. Rick spends some of his extra time helping coach the Corbett Softball Team. I may just spend some of my extra time studying gourmet cooking now that both our children are out of the house!