September 21, 2017

Activity Option for Students, Friday

Join students and families of the Corbett Schools tomorrow Friday September 8th at the East Portland Community Center for some activity time from 12 – 3 pm.

740 SE 106th Ave Portland, OR 97216

Parents of grade school students must remain onsite while their children are at play or swimming.

Admission Prices:
Adult $5.75
Teens 13-17 and Seniors 60+ $4.50
Children 3-12 $4.00
Children 0-2 Free
Available activities will include:
Gym Space: One half of the gym will be used for basketball and the other will have misc. equipment out for children to play with or just run around.
Aquatic Center for Open Swim
***All children under 48′ OR who are non swimmers must have an adult in the pool with them who remain at arms reach.
Indoor Classroom Spaces for children to play board games.
Outdoor Play Structure: Available to those who want to go play outside
DeeDee Hanes About DeeDee Hanes

My husband Rick and I have lived in Corbett for twenty-nine years. We have two children, Andrew and Krissy. They both graduated from Corbett High School and were busy in the classroom and on the sports fields. Andrew went on to the University of Southern California to earn an Aerospace Engineering degree and Krissy went to the University of Oregon and graduated in International Studies. They are grateful to the Corbett School District for opening doors for them in the world of higher education.

I have worked for Corbett Schools since 1998 and teaching even longer, since 1985! I went to Oregon State and received my Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education with an Endorsement in Reading. My Masters in Educational Practices and Foundations of Administration was earned from Portland State University. I also received my Special Education Endorsement from Portland State.

My family loves to camp, play sports, board games, books, movies, and traveling. Rick spends some of his extra time helping coach the Corbett Softball Team. I may just spend some of my extra time studying gourmet cooking now that both our children are out of the house!