I have had some discussions with parents and community members about an article that was published recently about Corbett School District and the subsequent conversation regarding that article. It is clear from these conversations that the article and conversations shared on the web have confused some folks. I want to take this opportunity to clarify a few bits of misinformation or misunderstandings. I will keep this short:
- There are only about 136 students at Springdale School building, the vast majority of which are Corbett residents….not transfer students.
- 62% of all course sections offered at Corbett High are NON AP classes.
- Every AP course can be taken for NON AP credit.
- Students are more likely to fail NON AP classes than AP classes.
- Less than 1% of the resident student population, and the total student population, have off campus placements at places like Alpha High School and in every case the students parents are involved in the process. In many cases the parents have requested the placement, or an interdisciplinary team has determined that the off-campus placement is in the best educational interest of the student.
- All Corbett High school students have the option of attending programs that specialize in health care fields, construction, computer systems technology, work study and others. Very few have opted into these programs over the last nine years.
As always if you have questions feel free to contact me!