Welcome back to School!

Hello Families!
I hope you are enjoying the last few weeks of summer! I’m already back at work and preparing for a wonderful school year!
For all my previous students, I can’t wait to see all your friendly faces again! And for my new ones, I can’t wait to get to know you! We are going to have a great year diving into amazing books, writing masterpieces, studying space and dinosaurs, creating art, and experimenting with some cool projects!
I will have more information coming your way about the upcoming school year but find the most important info below:
Back To School BBQ/Open House
Next Thursday, August 23rd 5-7:30pm is a great time for you and your child to stop by, eat some free BBQ, get to know their future teacher and classmates, and drop off school supplies! Having the supplies before the beginning of school is really helpful for kids to be able to dive right in on the first day and for me to be able to organize them beforehand. If you are able to drop them off anytime before school starts I would sure appreciate it! If the BBQ doesn’t work for you let me know when a good time for you would be and I’ll try my best to accommodate you. I’ll be at school a lot that week 🙂
Transition Day 
As Mrs. Hanes mentioned, any new students (2nd graders and new to the district) will begin school on Monday, August 27th 8:00-12:30pm.  Bus and lunch services are all available. This is a transition day for new students to meet me, each other, and get the lay of the land before the rest of the students begin the next day.  Parents will have time in the day to ask any questions of both Mrs. Hanes and myself and if you would like to stay and help with some projects I have a few I would love some help with! 🙂
Please don’t hesitate to email and ask any questions! I can’t wait to dive right back into school soon!