Welcome Back!

Dear Families,

Welcome back to a new school year. I’ve been soaking up the summer with my 11 month old baby boy, enjoying camping, swimming, live music, and reading (between his naps). I’ve been working in the classroom this week getting things ready for the new school year. I’m excited for the commencement of the new year! Regardless of whether your child is entering 4th or 5th grade, this is a big year!

Tonight is our back to school barbeque. You are invited to come at 5pm for the barbeque. You’ll be able to check out the classroom from 6:30pm to 7:30pm following the barbeque.

Each week, I post a newsletter on my teacher page on the school district’s website. Here is the link to my teacher page. This is a revamped website. Within the next few months, there will be an opportunity to subscribe to my posts so that when I publish a newsletter, it goes right to your inbox!

Additionally, I have a classroom Instagram account where I post pictures of videos of what we’re up to in the classroom. This is a private account and is only open to families of our classroom. The account is “mr.barnard” so if you’re on Instagram and would love to see and hear what we’re up to in the classroom, please request to follow me. If you have a weird Instagram name that is unidentifiable, maybe something like cheesecakeprincessdiva, I’m probably going to ignore the request unless you let me know that you are, in fact, the princess diva that loves cheesecakes.

Next Monday is the first day of school for 4th graders and any 5th grader that is new to Corbett Grade School. The day will focus on giving them an overview of what life is like for 4th and 5th graders. It is a half day, so dismissal is scheduled for 12:30pm.

I look forward to seeing you either tomorrow night or next week. Enjoy your weekend.

Mr. B