Here is a quick run-down of this week:
- We continued working on filling out our reading logs completely
- Writing well about reading
- Building stamina
- Choosing “just right” books
- Scholastic News ~ Lava on Hawaii and it’s impact
- We continued our personal narratives
- Writers learned how to dream the dream of their story
- Editing for punctuation, complete sentences and fluency
- Telling their story by zooming in to keep their audiences attention
- Making observations of salt crystals that we created from evaporating water from salt
- Develop a procedure to separate a dry mixture of gravel, salt and powder and the teams were very successful in their challenge.
- A wonderful opportunity to foster curious minds. Please ask your child what they researched today.
- By Monday, you should have received an email from your child’s math teacher.
- Thanks for the $5 contribution to help pay for the costs of the supplies.
- I am looking for parents to help with tie-dying our t-shirts next Thursday. I am looking for a few volunteers. I have not decided if it will be in the am or pm until know if I have volunteer.
I wish you all a wonderful weekend and please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.