This was a full week! We were busy readers, writers, mathematicians, artists, scientist, encouragers, and problem solvers. I have posted a few of my very favorite moments from this week on our class IG account. This is a private account and only people that I approve can view our class photos. I would love for you to follow it. You can find it by searching: Mrs. Chiu’s Class or Click Here
- This year every classroom is committed to utilizing the Zones of Regulation program to identify emotions and feelings.
- We are practicing strategies to help us when we have big feelings at school. Over the course of the next few weeks, we will roll out the use of a “calm space” in the classroom and help students identify tools that work for them when they are feeling big feelings.
- Zones Summary (1) : This helps explain Zones of Regulation.
- As many of you discovered, Friday was “Crazy Hair Day” for all of the 4th and 5th grades. Our class voted CLAIRE as the person with the craziest hair. She turned her hair into an octopus!
- When we have a Friday school day, students will be invited to participate with fun grade level theme.
- Sign Up: October Conferences*I have arranged for you to sign up for October Conferences using this link.
- Readers now have a home reading log to track their reading. They will fill it out when they read at home OR they can fill it out when they arrive at school in the morning. This is an electronic form that the students can access through their student email or google classroom account. I will also send this link to your email.
- School Photo Day is September 19, 2018 –Photo packets were sent home this week.
- Box Tops: The PTA is continuing to collect Box Tops for Education. A labeled jar is located in our classroom.
- Contributions for T-shirts ($5.00), if you are able.
- Volunteers: let me know if you want to help in our classroom (reading with children, putting together projects, correcting, copies, the list goes on!). I will send out a draft volunteer schedule for those of you that have already expressed interest.
Have a great weekend!