Writing: Personal Narrative
- Writer continued to work on editing, revising and producing new narratives
- Writer’s focused on raising their level of narrative writing by including descriptive and action words, putting in their thought and feelings and some pushed themselves and included dialogue.
Reading: Writing about reading
- Readers continued to build their reading stamina
- Mini-conferences about reading logs and expectations
- Reading to identify the literary elements: Character, Setting, Important Events, Conflict/Problem, Resolution and Theme
Science: Mixtures and Solutions
- The investigators were challenged to find out what happens when too much salt is added to 50 ml of water.
- Vocabulary: saturation, solution, mixture, solute and solvent
- Thank you for all the volunteers that were able to come and help with our tie-dye t-shirts.
- Thanks for the $5 contribution toward the cost of the shirts, dye and screen printing.
Zones of Regulation:
This year we are working on helping each child to have a visual representation of their emotions.
We are developing ways to understand, recognize, monitor, and control our responses to what we feel.