- We rocked leading morning meeting on Monday (everyone had a role in this)! …and also enjoyed the Land Art trip on Monday (thank you awesome parent chaperones: Lynn, Amy, Tami, Lanelle, Ashley) . We discussed the complexity of Tuesday’s day off. We discussed how learning strategies to get us to a calm place allows us to make the best choices possible. We have worked hard to get to the point of publishing our Personal Narratives. Today we conquered the jog-a-thon! I’ve posted photos on our class Instagram account. You can find it by searching: Mrs. Chiu’s Class or Click Here
- Sign up or check your time for October Conferences using this link: Sign Up: October Conferences
- Readers have a home reading log to track their reading. They will fill it out when they read at home OR they can fill it out when they arrive at school in the morning.
PTA Jog-A-Thon: (thank you Chris & Tami for helping during the Jog-A-Thon)
- Our goal is for each child to raise $50 through donations.
- Our annual Jog-a-Thon is the PTA’s only fundraiser for the school year.
- Funds raised go to purchasing: technology, classroom books, field trips and other classroom needs.
- To donate online: www.pledgestar.com/corbettpta
- Volunteers: let me know if you want to help in our classroom!
- Home Project: I have a couple journals (for each student) that need to be assembled, let me know if you’d like to help with this project at home.
- Box Tops: The PTA is continuing to collect Box Tops for Education. A labeled jar is located in our classroom.
Have a great weekend!