Thank you for making time to come and celebrate your child’s progress in school during conferences last week!
- Last week was an exciting week! We noticed the changing leaves and created an art project to reflect what we are seeing on the trees, practiced our spelling words, acted out new vocabulary words, learned more about First People from each of the regions of North American and began a powerpoint presentation, celebrated our first published writing piece with our buddy class (thank you to the Rondema family for supplying treats!), enjoyed some extra SUN, and had special guests firefighters for Fire Safety week. We I’ve posted photos on our class Instagram account. You can find it by searching: Mrs. Chiu’s Class or Click Here
- Writers have spelling words! They will receive them on Tuesdays, practice at least twice during the week, then and be tested on the following Mondays. I have attached the words to the email sent today (just in case the list did not make it home). Writers are tested on 10 random words from this list. The key is to look for word patterns/rules so that they are able to spell words that have similar rules and patterns.
- Readers have a home reading log to track their reading. They will fill it out when they read at home OR they can fill it out when they arrive at school in the morning.
PTA: Jog-A-Thon & Box Tops:
- The PTA is still collecting for the Jog-A-Thon. Our goal is for each child to raise $50 through donations. To donate online: www.pledgestar.com/corbettpta
- Box Tops: The PTA is continuing to collect Box Tops for Education. A labeled jar is located in our classroom.
- Try to join the PTA and participate in their meetings (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Enjoy this sun!