Hi! This was a beautiful week and we accomplished so many things. Here is a quick run-down of our week:
Special Event!!! We are so lucky to have Ms. Flinn from The Right Brain Initiative (sponsored by the PTA) leading us with a Drama that focuses on “How do my actions and choices affect others and support me in making good decisions?” We had our first session on Wednesday and it was amazing. Please ask your child what their “imagination journey” was like.
Morning meeting: We led morning meeting today and the participants did an awesome job! Congratulations to Ella for receiving the “Thumbs Up” award for being an outstanding Cardinal.
Native American Regions:
- completed research
- completed group slideshow presentation
- Native American Regions Legends and skits presented
Personal Narrative Writing:
- Finished the 3rd personal narrative focusing on:
- descriptive words, actions words, thoughts and feelings, dialogue, theme/message, revising and editing
- Today they completed the end of the unit final personal narrative
- Continued to work on the story arc
- summarizing using “somebody, wanted, but, so, then…”
Things to Put on Your Calendar:
October 24th~ Wednesday: Picture Retakes
October 31st~ Wednesday: Just a friendly reminder that we are not wearing costumes to school, thanks.
*** Please remember to collect box tops!!!
Thanks for having such wonderful kiddos! Have a great weekend!!!