- Next week we begin a new reading unit: Tackling Complexity – Moving Up Levels of Nonfiction.
- Nonfiction text can be complex and raise important challenges.
- Readers will be working on strategies to help with these challenges.
- Writers have become journalist this week!
- We had surprise guest come disrupt our class and they each wrote an informative story about the event. The students included dialogue, who was involved, and time of day/place it occurred.
- High Frequency word tests were given today!
- New words went home for EVERYONE – except Andrew!
cARTography We are excited to start a new unit that focuses cARTography that will transition into explorers.
This week we focused on:
- cARTography: the art of map making
- History of cARTography
- The purpose of Longitude and Latitude
Right Brain Initiative- DRAMA
Please ask your child about:
- The Name Game (with the ball)
- Mystery Gift
- Tableau or family portrait game
Halloween- A friendly reminder:
- Costumes and any accessories should remain home
- If your child is wanting to bring candy to school for a special treat, please have a chat with them regarding portion (how much to bring) and the appropriate time to have their treat.
PTA: Jog-A-Thon & Box Tops:
- Box Tops: The PTA is continuing to collect Box Tops for Education. A labeled jar is located in our classroom.
Please join the PTA and participate in their meetings. You can email them at: email@example.com