- During this Thanksgiving month, we are accelerating our “Attitude of Gratitude” by discussing the science behind gratitude and we now have several thankful trees in our classroom; Journalists continued to observe and note events happening around the school; Students used carbon paper to create maps in Cartography; We created some beautiful fall watercolor scenes
- Our Creative Dramatics artist in resident, Mrs. Flinn–through the Right Brain Initiative–showed us how to use nature’s elements to create characters and we continued to workshop some small group scenes
- I’ve posted videos & photos on our class Instagram account. You can find it by searching: Mrs. Chiu’s Class or Click Here
- Please refer to last week’s email for information on a class contact list that you can add to or edit as your needs change.
- Writers have spelling words! I have attached the words by email (just in case the list did not make it home). Writers are tested on 10 random words from this list.
- Readers have a home reading log to track their reading. They can fill it out when they read at home OR they can fill it out when they arrive at school in the morning. Readers can access this log through our Google Classroom.
- Monday, November 12 – Veterans Day-No School
- Friday, November 16 – Friday School Day
- Wednesday, November 21, 22, & 23 – Thanksgiving Break-No School
PTA: Jog-A-Thon & Box Tops:
- Box Tops: The PTA is continuing to collect Box Tops for Education. A labeled jar is located in our classroom.
- Try to join the PTA and participate in their meetings (email@example.com)
Enjoy the Weekend!