- We continued to work on reading nonfiction texts this week!
- Students found nonfiction books to read.
- We learned the different text structures of a nonfiction text (compare and contrast, chronological, ect.).
- Readers discovered that the title of a nonfiction book could be misleading.
- We learned that there can be multiple main ideas in a nonfiction text.
- Writers continued to be journalists this week.
- Students read different articles from the newspaper to decide what kind of lead the journalists use when writing.
- Journalists interviewed a classmate about an event that happened to them this weekend and wrote an article about it!
- Artists created their own maps by finding the points of longitude and latitude of specific cities on the coast.
- Students will continue to use these maps in their unit on explorers!
Right Brain Initiative- DRAMA
Please ask your child about:
- The Name Game (with the ball)
- Tableau or family portrait game
Veterans day- A friendly reminder:
- We do not have school on Monday (11/12) due to Veterans day.
- School will be in session on Friday (11/16).
Thank you for this opportunity to work with your students these last 11 weeks! Have a great rest of your year!