Hi! What a great week that just seemed to zoom by! Here is a quick run-down of what we did this week:
Is your child reading at least 4 times a week at home for 20-30 minutes? Studies show that it is critical that reading on a daily basis is an important part of developing strong reading and writing skills. Students who are choosing to not read at home will be invited to have snack in the classroom while they do their independent reading homework. Recess? Yes! They will still enjoy their friends at recess. Please let me know if you have any questions about reading homework.
- comparing news report to feature article
- flash drafts of news reports about Acts of Wonder
- flash drafts of feature articles
- recognizing different leads reporters use
- finding central main idea
- reading for more than one main idea and find supporting details about that main idea
- Continue reading our fiction books independently
Acts of Wonder:
This was our last week with Mrs. Flinn. She was a joy to have and we learned a lot about movement, emotions, expression and how to use our bodies to communicate. In addition we performed our problem solving skits with our buddies. I was very impressed with how professional everyone was.
Age of Exploration:
- Please ask your child the following questions:
- What/Who inspired the Age of Exploration?
- What was it like on a ship during the Age of Exploration?
- Why is Marco Polo famous?
Quick reminder: Next week is a two-day week so everyone can enjoy their family and friends!
I wish all of you a wonderful weekend and please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.