What have we been learning about:
Journalism~ Ask your child about their feature article.
Age of Exploration~ Please ask your child to tell you all about Marco Polo and Christopher Columbus. They have quite the interesting stories.
- Have you seen your child’s spelling words? They were given a set of 5 words on today and a test is administered on Thursday. Every student has a custom list that meets their spelling needs. Please ask your child how they are doing on their spelling tests.
- Readers have a home reading log to track reading. Our November log will be due on Monday and I will hand out December’s log at that time. We are also going to be tracking the books we finish (cover to cover) using this log.
- Saturday, December 1st – Breakfast with Santa & Book Fair (8am-12)
- Now until December 18 – Food & Supplies Drive (canned, packaged food OR supplies like, toilet paper, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, etc…)
- December 3-6 – Book Fair (7:30 am – 4:30 pm)
Wednesday is Family Night: Open 7:30 am – 1 pm, closed 1-3 pm, Open Family night 3 – 7:30 pm
- Monday, December 3 – Strings Rehearsal ** If your child is going to stay for rehearsal, please send a note. (4-5)
- Wednesday, December 5th, 2018, at the MPB – Strings Concert (Concert is 6:30-7:30pm….students should arrive by 6pm for tuning and warmups.
- Thursday, December 6th – All Lost & Found items will be donated.
- Book Fair: We Need Volunteers! Volunteering at Book Fair is easy, fun, and it earns you a discount on all the purchases you make. Sign up using the following link:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C48ADA62FA0FB6-20182
- Box Tops: The PTA is continuing to collect Box Tops for Education. A labeled jar is located in our classroom.
- Try to join the PTA and participate in their meetings (email@example.com)