- We are deep into our Feature Articles. Students created a research plan that includes an expert interview. I have attached the interview form to the weekly email (just in case students forgot their form at school). It’s most ideal if they are able to do the interview this weekend.
- I’ve posted other video & photo highlights on our class Instagram account.
- Writers have spelling words! This will be the last test until mid-January. I have attached the words to the weekly email (just in case the list did not make it home). Writers are tested on 10 random words from this list.
- Readers have a home reading log to track reading. They can fill it out when they read at home OR they can fill it out when they arrive at school in the morning. Readers can access this log through our Google Classroom.
- Now until December 18 – Food & Supplies Drive (canned, packaged food OR supplies like, toilet paper, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, etc…)
- December 19 – 4th & 5th grades will have an Ugly Sweater Contest
- We’re hoping for a marble party on December 20th! More to come on that!
- December 21 – January 6 Winter Break
- Box Tops: The PTA is continuing to collect Box Tops for Education. A labeled jar is located in our classroom.
- Try to join the PTA and participate in their meetings (firstname.lastname@example.org)