- Students have taken a position on whether or not chocolate milk should be served at school. They have researched both positions, found evidence to support their position, and have completed a first draft argument. Excellent work in writing this week!
- In honor of the upcoming holiday, students spent a bit of time exploring the perspective of the granddaughter to Dr Martin Luther King, jr.
- Students determined the reasons England pursued colonization of North America, they acted as the Virginia Company and created an ad to lure people to join their cause, and learned a bit about the Roanoke mystery.
- Students were given the option to participate in a Spelling Bee qualification test. Five students will advance to the next round, Parents, of these students, you will be hearing more from Mr. B about the competition details.
- I’ve posted other video & many more photo highlights on our class Instagram account.
- 5/14-16: In conjunction with our upcoming unit on the geology of the Pacific Northwest, all of the 4/5th grades will be headed to the Scablands of Central Washington from May 14th until May 16th for a two-night overnight field trip. We’ll be staying at Sun Lakes-Dry Falls State Park in Coulee City, Washington. We’ll sleep in either tents or cabins. We will share a lot more information in March about this trip, but for those of you that would like to chaperone, we wanted to tell you the dates now so you can plan accordingly with your work schedules.
- Writers have spelling words! Our next spelling test is Tuesday, January 29. This gives students a full two weeks to study. Writers are tested on 10 random words from this list. I have attached the list to this email. Post it on your fridge as a reminder to practice!
- Readers have a home reading log to track their reading. Students can fill it out their log at home OR they can fill it out when they arrive at school in the morning. Readers can access this log through our Google Classroom.
- Mon 1/21: No School, MLK Jr Day
- Fri 1/25: Friday School, Freaky Friday – Sports Day
- Tue 1/29: Next Spelling Test
- Wed 1/30: Spelling Bee, MPB – (likely 1:30pm)
- Thurs 2/14: Valentine’s Day – (details about this day TBD)
- Mon 2/18: No School, Presidents Day
- Fri 2/22: Friday School
- Box Tops: The PTA is continuing to collect Box Tops for Education. A labeled jar is located in our classroom.
Try to join the PTA and participate in their meetings (email@example.com)