- We continue to refine our research based arguments on Chocolate Milk in schools. Mrs. Hanes read our letters and asked us to do more research in order to participate in a discussion about the issue in a couple of weeks. Exciting!
- Our new history project is to research and present information on 1 of 13 original colonies.
- We started a new fitness PE unit.
- Students from our class represented us well at the annual Spelling Bee. Impressive!
- I’ve posted other videos & many more photo highlights on our class Instagram account.
- I have attached a class list so that students can write names on Valentines.
- Please sign up to help us with our Valentine’s Day Celebration Sign Up Genius.
- Writers have spelling words! Our next spelling test is Tuesday, February 5. Writers are tested on 10 random words from this list. I have attached the list to this email. Post it on your fridge as a reminder to practice!
- Readers have a home reading log to track their reading. Students can fill it out their log at home OR they can fill it out when they arrive at school in the morning. Readers can access this log through our Google Classroom.
- Thurs 2/14: Valentine’s Day- Celebration at 2:30ish
- Mon 2/18: No School, Presidents Day
- Fri 2/22: Friday School
- 5/14-16: Overnight Trip, Scablands of Central Washington…more info to come in March
- Box Tops: The PTA is continuing to collect Box Tops for Education. A labeled jar is located in our classroom.
Try to join the PTA and participate in their meetings (email@example.com)