What a week!
There’s a bit more homework this weekend to help us stay on track.
- I’ve posted video & photo highlights on our class Instagram account.
- Spelling Words: Test on Tuesday, 2/12-Attached is the spelling words for students to practice (these are repeat words)
- Pen-Pal Letters: Due on Tuesday, 2/12 –Students need to write a response to their penpal (new letters are attached…I forgot to give them out today!).
- Chocolate Milk Presentation: Students should review their position paper (found on google classroom) & review the attached ideas for persuasive techniques to sway an audience. They should practice presenting (not reading) their position this weekend. Students are pretty familiar with the topic and, with practice, they will be ready to present! Due on Tuesday, 2/12: Chocolate Milk presentation (to a small group)
- Independent Reading: Please read & log at least 20 minutes of reading each day
- Non-Fiction Reading: Students selected new research topics and they need to begin taking notes. Attached is the note taking format. We used this format when we researched Chocolate Milk (for & against). They can access articles through google classroom or here: https://padlet.com/divie/elwpuhpli5aq password: read
Due on Monday, 2/11: notes from two articles & Due on Tuesday, 2/12: notes from one article
- Tues 2/12: 1:30 Chocolate Milk Presentation (in small groups)
- Thurs 2/14: Valentine’s Day- Celebration at 2:30ish
- Mon 2/18: No School, Presidents Day
- Fri 2/22: Friday School
- 5/14-16: Overnight Trip, Scablands of Central Washington…more info to come in March