Last week was full!
- Students had the honor of providing writing feedback to Ms. Collins Class. Authors taught us a lot about a variety of interesting topics
- A lot of research…research…research on important issues such as: video games, use of plastics, and wild animals in confinement
- Students spent time working on debate skills through a specific format. Watch out, they now have the tools to win any argument and are working on refining those skills.
- Students are becoming advocates for issues needing change. They using their knowledge from researcher to determine what they can do to be an activist with important issues.
- Mapping activities that highlight the impact of slavery in Colonial America.
- We continue to refine our jump rope skills. Students got to a few videos of athletes using jump rope for training. Mrs. & Mr. Chiu also shared a few of their skills.
- I’ve posted video & photo highlights on our class Instagram account.
- Spelling Words: Test on Tuesday, 2/26- Spelling words can be found in backpacks and/or attached to our weekly class email. (these are repeat words)
- Due on Tuesday, 2/26: notes from one NEW article from padlet: https://padlet.com/divie/elwpuhpli5aq password: read – Students may also look for others resources (and take notes), but they must keep track of where they found this information.
- Snow Days: Are you looking for ways to keep your child engaged on a day off from school? On holidays from school or snow days, I like to create a “To Do” list for my own children. It includes things like: read for 30 minutes, practice music, practice math on ixl and/or reflex, write a letter/email to grandma (…maybe, Mrs. Chiu?), create something from paper, and/or research a something you want to know more about (…maybe something we are studying in school?). My kids love to check items off as they are completed.
- Feb 2/28: Donations for Healthy Heart are due
- Feb 2/28, Mar 3/2, 3/7, 3/9: Rumpelstiltskin (Eastside Theater)Several Corbett students, including our very own Aspen!
- Mar 3/25 -3/29: Spring Break!
- Wed, 4/3: 4pm -After School Meeting about the Overnight Trip
- 5/14-16: Overnight Trip, Scablands of Central Washington…more info to come in March