Highlights & Homework:
- March 7 ends the 2nd trimester which means that we’ll have a writing assessment. Students should THINK about their topic for their writing assessment so that they are able to use their class time efficiently. Students will write an opinion or argument text in which they state an opinion or claim and tell reasons why they feel that way. Next week, they will have a chance to show me all that they learned with opinion writing with this topic of choice!
- In order to be in a good spot on Monday, ask your child to show you their completed 1st draft for their research essay. If they did not complete their rough draft, please asked them to log into google documents and finish it up! Students will put finishing touches and publish this writing piece by the end of next week.
- Students are also wrapping up research about their advocacy topic – encourage them to read at least one more article related to their topic this weekend. Discuss the article with them! Find articles here: https://padlet.com/divie/elwpuhpli5aq password: Read
- Spelling tests are every other week – the next one is March 12
- Check out photos and videos on our class Instagram account.
- Mar 3/2, 3/7, 3/9: Rumpelstiltskin (Eastside Theater)Several Corbett students, including our very own Aspen!
- Mar 7 – end of the 2nd trimester (progress reports are mailed approximately 2 weeks from this date)
- Mar 3/25 -3/29: Spring Break!
- Wed, 4/3: 4pm -After School Meeting about the Overnight Trip
- 5/14-16: Overnight Trip, Scablands of Central Washington…more info to come in March *Please let me know if you do not plan for your child to participate in this event.