Overnight field trip??? Permission slips for the overnight field trip will be shared through email the week of April 1st. Our overnight field trip will take place from Tuesday 5/14 to Thursday 5/16. We’ll be heading to the Scablands of Central Washington to look at evidence of the Missoula Floods. We’ll be staying at Delany Environmental Learning Center within Sun Lakes-Dry Falls State Park. Mr. Barnard be hosting an informational meeting on Wednesday, April 3rd at 4 pm in his classroom. You are more than welcome to come to learn about the trip. Attending the meeting is not required, so it’s ok if you can’t make it.
Are you interested in joining us for our adventure to the Scablands? Please let me know so I can get the appropriate paperwork to you.
Reading: We just finished wrapping up our reading unit on Argument and Advocacy: Researching Debatable Issues. We will begin our new reading unit, Fantasy Book Clubs after spring break.
- Progress reports will be sent home on Wednesday, March 21.
- Spring Break is March 25 – 28
- School begins at 7:55 am. Please try and have your child arrive before school begins.
- May 3 is a Friday school day (five-day school week)
- Our overnight field trip is May 14, 15, and 16. Please let me know if your child will not be attending.
- Portfolio Night is Wednesday, May 29
- Last day of school is Friday, May 31 (early release at 12:30 pm)