Happy Spring! 🙂
- Thurs, 3/21 is Jumprope Presentation day. Check in at the office and come down to the gym by 2:30. Our class and two other classes will be presenting some really entertaining routines! 😉
- Special thank you to Ashley Cook, Lynn Kaufhold, Stacie Nicholls, Pam Claytor, & Missy Stilwell for donating toward our celebrations!
- Poetry – – William Carlos William, Robert Frost, & William Blake – – we’re annotating, analyzing, and using these authors as mentors for our own poems.
- History – – Bill of Rights – – analyzing scenarios where rights were not resepected & respected
- Reading – started a new FANTASY book study
- Writing Celebration – Marble party – Jumprope palooza!!!
- I’ve posted other videos & many more photo highlights on our class Instagram account.
Spring Break Homework:
- READ! – a minimum of 25 minutes daily
- IXL & REFLEX – a minimum of 3 times during the week
- Practice Spelling Words
- If we get to it on 3/21, students can work on memorizing their part for a skit over the break 🙂
- Wire cutters for our next art project
- Wire – Different colors and gauges
- Plastic placemats that we can cut up, for our next art project.
Field Trip Info:
- The fourth and fifth graders will be heading to the Scablands of Central Washington to check out evidence of the Missoula floods. We’ll be staying at Delany Environmental Learning Center in Sun Lakes-Dry Falls State Park in Coulee City, Washington. We’ll leave on Tuesday, May 14 and return Thursday evening May 16. *Please let me know if you do not plan for your child to participate in this event
- Mar 3/25-3/29: Spring Break!
- 4/2: Next Spelling Test 🙂 – the list is attached
- 4/3: 4pm – After School Meeting about the Overnight Trip
- Mid-April – Newsies Play
- April – State Testing
- 5/14-16: Overnight Trip, Scablands of Central Wash