- Literary Essay — Student have been using this short film to develop a literary essay. These essays are exploring the big ideas behind this film. Take a look, watch it with your child, discuss it, & have them share their thoughts about the big ideas (ask “what’s this film really about?”).
- Reading — This week, we looked out the complexity of characters…We learned that sometimes we have to suspend our judgement because characters are complex and there may be more to them than we first think. Ask your child about the complexity of characters in the book that they are studying.
- Geography — Amazing Race – USA – Team B.A.T. is currently in first place!
- State Testing — We had three solid testing sessions this week and will continue with at least another three sessions next week. Students are doing a great job of remaining focused and doing their best work.
- I’ve posted other videos & many more photo highlights on our class Instagram account.
Field Trip Info:
- Please complete this permission slip as soon as possible: Field Trip Permission Slip
- The fourth and fifth graders will be heading to the Scablands of Central Washington to check out evidence of the Missoula floods. We’ll be staying at Delany Environmental Learning Center in Sun Lakes-Dry Falls State Park in Coulee City, Washington. We’ll leave on Tuesday, May 14 and return Thursday evening May 16. A lot of information will be shared digitally in the coming weeks. I’ll be sharing permission slips the first week of April. *Please let me know if you do not plan for your child to participate in this event
- April – State Testing
- 4/12 – Opening Night of Newsies
- 4/16: Next Spelling Test — CANCELLED until after State Testing is complete.
- 5/3 – Geology Warm Up Trip
- 5/4 – This is a FIVE DAY School week
- 5/14-16: Overnight Trip, Scablands of Central Washington