- Literary Essay — We started a new writing unit this week. We’re using what we have learned about opinion writing in order to develop thoughtful essays about what we read.
- Reading — We are well into our FANTASY book study. Students are learning to pay attention to setting, characters, events, how to identify moments where the author is alerting the reader, and how to have dialogue with their book club members.
- Art — We looked at Chinese Brush painting and used the style in order to illustrate signs of spring!
- Geography — Amazing Race – USA – for each region of the US students complete activities related to the geography, culture, vocabulary, and influential people of the region. Groups receive a score based on the quality of their work, ability to collaborate, and speed! Students are encouraged to bring a photo from travels to a different state!
- State Testing — We’ll begin State Testing next week and continue for about 45 minute each day throughout the remainder of the month!
- I’ve posted other videos & many more photo highlights on our class Instagram account.
- Wire cutters for our next art project
- Wire – Different colors and gauges
- Plastic placemats that we can cut up, for our next art project.
Field Trip Info:
- Please complete this permission slip as soon as possible: Field Trip Permission Slip
- The fourth and fifth graders will be heading to the Scablands of Central Washington to check out evidence of the Missoula floods. We’ll be staying at Delany Environmental Learning Center in Sun Lakes-Dry Falls State Park in Coulee City, Washington. We’ll leave on Tuesday, May 14 and return Thursday evening May 16. A lot of information will be shared digitally in the coming weeks. I’ll be sharing permission slips the first week of April. *Please let me know if you do not plan for your child to participate in this event
- April – State Testing
- 4/16: Next Spelling Test 🙂 – the list is attached
- Mid-April – Newsies Play
- 5/14-16: Overnight Trip, Scablands of Central