Dear Corbett School Community Members
Oregon Governor Kate Brown has announced an extension to her mandate to close Oregon schools to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). The governor’s new orders mean that schools will be closed until April 28, 2020.
We know this is a trying time and that the closure of our schools is a challenge. Please know we are doing all we can to plan for our students’ return and are looking for additional guidance from the Oregon Department of Education on how to equitably deliver instruction to all students during this extended closure.
What we do know right now:
- We will provide grab-and-go meals for all children under 18 during the extended closure starting after Spring Break.
- Our facilities will remain closed to students and most staff during the extended closure
- Our custodians will deep clean all surfaces in our schools, closing off rooms when complete, to ensure they remain disinfected for when students and staff return
While our students are away from school, please help them understand the importance of this national health emergency by encouraging social distancing, good hand hygiene, avoiding people who are sick, and covering their coughs and sneezes. Gatherings of more than 10 people are not recommended by the U.S. government at this time.
We appreciate your understanding as we navigate this constantly-changing situation. More information and ongoing updates from public health officials are available online, including:
- Multnomah County Health Department: https://multco.us/health-officer/novel-coronavirus-covid-19
- Oregon Health Authority (OHA): https://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/DISEASESCONDITIONS/DISEASESAZ/Pages/emerging-respiratory-infections.aspx
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Oregon Department of Education (ODE) Communicable Disease Guidance: https://www.oregon.gov/ode/students-and-family/healthsafety/Documents/commdisease.pdf
We will be in touch with more information as soon as we have a plan to navigate this extended closure. Please do what you can to help prevent the spread of this virus.