COVID-19 March 18th
This morning the ODE briefed all superintendents regarding the extended school closure imposed by the governor. The situation remains fluid but there are several takeaways we can share with our Corbett School community.
- Corbett School District is actively and aggressively moving towards a model where we can provide online/remote learning opportunities for all students.
- Plans for a two day remote inservice for staff are still scheduled for March 30th and March 31st.
- Official online/remote instruction is scheduled to begin April 1st.
- Corbett School District is prepared to offer this instruction for as long as is required.
- Corbett School District is currently planning on conducting the remainder of the school year as scheduled. Students’ last day is still scheduled for May 29th.
- Corbett School District is working with the ODE to provide that this disruption will not jeopardize graduation for seniors or promotion for all other students.
- Corbett School District will continue to provide food service for students on free and reduced lunch and families in need during all regularly scheduled school weeks.
- School staff are working hard to make sure all students have devices and internet connectivity before the official transition to online/remote instruction. IF you or anyone you know is struggling with the connectivity/access issues please contact your school’s principal or lead teacher.
We appreciate your understanding as we navigate this constantly-changing situation. More information and ongoing updates from public health officials are available online, including:
- Multnomah County Health Department: https://multco.us/health-officer/novel-coronavirus-covid-19
- Oregon Health Authority (OHA): https://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/DISEASESCONDITIONS/DISEASESAZ/Pages/emerging-respiratory-infections.aspx
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Oregon Department of Education (ODE) Communicable Disease Guidance: https://www.oregon.gov/ode/students-and-family/healthsafety/Documents/commdisease.pdf