Hello Graduates and Families,
Just a few reminders about the Graduation Ceremony on Saturday, June 20th:
- We have 116 parking spaces, which means we will be able to accommodate all of the graduates and their families who have confirmed their participation. We will not be able to accommodate other people or cars on the Corbett Campus.
- You must check in at the Dairy Queen Parking lot (282nd and Stark) with Mr. Pearson or Mrs. Childress.
- At 7:00, Pearson and Childress (at the DQ parking lot) will start numbering cars based on size of car. There is no need to get there earlier. You will follow the bus that has your number on it.
- If you don’t check in at DQ, you will be asked to wait until the parade is over to park in the school parking lot.
- Bathrooms will be available in the East and West end of the Grade School.
- We must follow social distancing guidelines, including wearing masks when not in cars.
- If you have a fever or a cough, please stay home.
- When your graduate is about to cross the stage, one person can get out of your car to take photographs. Please be mindful of blocking other’s view. We will also have a professional photographer.
- The event will be live-streamed, the link will be on our district website.
- The event will be broadcast on FM radio, we will share the station as soon as we know it.
- Please don’t run your car engine during the event.
- Graduates should wear their Cap and Gown.
- If you have any questions, feel free to email Mrs. Childress at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are all trying to create a Commencement Ceremony that will be memorable for the grads and their families. It will take grace and cooperation from all of us to pull off this once in a lifetime event. We can do this Corbett!
7:00 -Parade check in at DQ Parking lot
8:00 – Presentations by CHAMPS
8:15 – Superintendent and Principal message
8:30 – Valedictorian Message
8:45 – Scholarship Announcements
9:00 – Presentation of Diplomas
9:30 – Senior Slideshow
10:15 – Follow staff directions when exiting the parking lot as we will dismiss rows in an orderly fashion to ease the congestion.
Corbett Staff is excited to celebrate our 2020 Graduates!