Message from Dan Wold – Corbett Interim Superintendent

Hello Corbett School District parents and patrons:

My name is Dan Wold, and I am your new interim Superintendent of Schools. I am moving to Corbett from the mountains of Northern Nevada, where I served as an assistant principal, principal, and superintendent in two high-performing districts. Prior to serving my communities as an administrator, I was a teacher and coach in Oregon and Washington for two decades.

I was raised in Central Washington, where my parents and grandparents had orchards and vineyards, and where diversity and inclusion were a way of life. I then attended college in Spokane, where I majored in art education and played basketball and track. My wife, Angela, who is also an educator, and I have four children who are healthy, happy, young adults.

More information about me will be shared at the board meeting next Wednesday Aug. 19th, at 7:00pm, and in the district newsletter, but I wanted to let everyone know who that lanky new fella around the neighborhood is. Though I am aware that building relationships with students and community will be challenging during the pandemic, it is still crucial to our mission of connecting, engaging, inspiring and collaborating to support each and every student, and I look forward to getting to know as many of you as I can, as soon as I can.

Dan Wold