Corbett Charter School Non-resident Admission Procedure
Public charter schools are voluntary schools of choice to which students apply for enrollment. All students who reside within Corbett School District boundaries are guaranteed admission and do not need to apply to attend. Students who live outside the Corbett School District boundaries are eligible for enrollment if space is available. Corbett Charter School may not limit enrollment based on race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, disability, the terms of an individualized education program, income level, proficiency in the English language, or athletic ability.
Corbett Charter School has limited the capacity and may limit their numbers to a specific number of grades, class size, and/or overall enrollment. All students who reside within current school district boundaries are guaranteed admission.
- During the current school year, students who do not attend the school district for more than ten consecutive days will be considered unenrolled and forfeit their enrollment.
- During the current school year, students who enroll in a different school district will be considered unenrolled and forfeit their enrollment.
- Students who live outside of the Corbett School District boundaries and are no longer enrolled must reapply for enrollment.
Priority will be given to:
- Students who have siblings enrolled in the Corbett Charter School.
- Students who have been enrolled in the district pre-kindergarten program in the prior school year.
- Students enrolled/attending in Corbett Charter School on the last day of the school year are automatically enrolled for the following school year.
Application Process to Attend:
- The district will advertise the application process and timeline on the district website, social media, and local media outlets.
- Students interested in attending Corbett Charter School will apply for admission beginning January 15 for the following school year.
- The initial application window will close on March 30. Applicants will be randomly sorted on April 1.
- Any applications received after March 30 will be placed on the late application list in chronological order.
- Corbett School Board will approve recommended enrollment numbers for each grade level at the April school board meeting.
- Students will be accepted based on their placement number and grade-level availability for the following school year.
- Notification of selection status will be sent to the parents’ or guardians’ email specified in the application by May 1. The email will contain a link to an online form to accept or decline the invitation.
- Once a student has been invited to attend they will have four calendar days to accept or decline the invitation. If no reply is received within the four calendar day period, it will be considered a decline of the seat. Those students that choose to decline or not respond to the invitation, would need to reapply to be considered for enrollment the following year.
- Enrollment will continue through the Friday after Labor Day. Additional spaces will be filled by late applicants in the order in which they applied.
- Applicants not invited to attend will be notified of their application number and will remain on the waiting list through the Friday after Labor Day.
- All applicants that are not invited to attend the current school year must reapply to attend for the following school year.